Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I am so grateful for my friends!

I have got to be the luckiest person on the planet to have the greatest and most compassionate friends! Tomorrow is my birthday and I have the greatest gift of all having you as my friends. Tomorrow gives me great cause to reflect as we do on most holidays/milestones...

Reflect on what is important and that is why I'm here. Reflect on Ashley, Bobby, and Aubrey that gave their blessing and allowed me to be here to do something that I've felt compelled to do since I was 7. Reflect on the wonderful friends I have that makes me cry at this internet cafe writing to you now. When I came into the Peace Corps office on Friday, there were 12 packages waiting for me. A lot of the volunteers get a package or two from their mom or dad back home. But I received 12!!! I am so proud to have friends that take time out of their busy days to purchase items and send them on their merry way to be merrily received! Thank you all for the outpouring of love and kindness. I have also heard from those that want to help with Marcelino's education. I will try to figure out the best way for you to contribute. I'll have to hand deliver as there are no roads, addresses, etc. let alone a post office. I'll keep you posted.

Thursday is a big day for all the volunteers. Having completed our training which has been intense, we will officially be sworn in as Peace Corps Volunteers at the Embassy. It is a semi-formal affair that takes up pretty much the entire day. I'm excited at the possibilities because finally the service that I have wanted to do all my life will become a reality. I hope and pray that I will do a good job. The only thing I know for sure is that my heart is into it 100%.

It's hard to be away from you. It's hard to leave the comforts of home. It's really hard to miss my children. And yet I feel more committed than ever. I can truly say that whenever I have had a weak or desperate moment, I would hear from one of you and then I felt peace. You have been a huge help. You are all PC volunteers helping me forge ahead. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Goodnight and God bless us all...tracy

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday here in a few hours!!! Love and miss you so much. Im so happy you are committed and feel great about this. You are the best. Your son,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy happy happy birthday from Ron and me. we love and miss you....hope you have a great day! xoxo Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Tracy <3 I love you and miss you so much!!! I hope you are enjoying your birthday :) Are you excited for tomorrow...BIG DAY!! We are soooo proud of you! Ashley came to our house for dinner last night! My mom made dinner for us and we just relaxed and caught up! Bobby is in Indiana until Monday..he said he spoke to you yesterday! We can't wait to come and see you and meet all these beautiful people in your life! (Bobby and I were thinking Jan.??) LOL ash was laughing at me b/c she asked what I thought I could help with when we come visit you...I said I could help build things (she couldn't stop laughing) LOL I know I could do it!!! Well we miss you everyday, and are so proud of you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love you!
    xoxo
    Nikki, Bobby, Diesel and Daphne <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday- Miss you Tracy do your ears burn because we talk about you all the time. All Good of course. Hope things are going well sounds like you have a great group of people in this village. They are so lucky to have you. Love and Miss you Pete and Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to our amazing friend!!! Hope its a wonderful day for you, Tracy! Much love from Jill and Rob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, Happy Bday again and congrats ahead of time on the swearing it. Maybe instead of the cap and gown they can give you a margaritha on the rocks with salt!!! I heard somewhere that it helps with the diarrhea, kidding...
    And no you'll never get rid of this friend.
    Katrin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Tracy!! I'm so proud of you for surviving and thriving in training. Congrats on your official swearing in and may God continue to bless you on your journey. You are a blessing to all who meet you. Take care and party hearty for your bday!! I miss you. Love ya, Karla

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am moved to tears when I read all your kind comments. Swearing in was great for everyone and truly emotional for me.(Afterall, i have waited over 45 years to do this and now my dream is coming true!) The American Embassador to Belize even told me when I received my certificate that it was ok to cry. Good thing! You comments and emails have kept me going when things were tough. You all are the best...thanks you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Tracy, Belated Birthday Blessings to you and congratulations on becoming an official Peace Corp Volunteer. It gave me a lift to hear how you feel about your work and committment there. I hope one of the twelve packages you got was from me. I am also willing to help with Marcelino's education. I didn't realize how close I was to you when I was in Belize until I got home. I was at the Caves Branch River on Sept 10 cavetubing. Armenia is about halfway in between Belmopan and Caves Branch River. I think I was about 15 miles away from you that day. I got rocks from the river and brought them home. Gave one to Sue and one to Carlene. I was so excited to see the rainforest there and how beautiful it is, but not the cities. I hope that you feel better soon and take good care of yourself. God bless you and prepare your way. Love and Happy Birthday, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete