Sunday, October 24, 2010

Buzzed in Playa!

¡¡¡Queridos amigos!!!

Ok, so this is only the second time in my life when I have inbibed alone! But the other time was also during my Peace Corps experience so I better watch the trend, huh? I only had one margarita but it went straight to my head. It just seems like the kind of afternoon to enjoy a little cocktail but it´s not anywhere close to 5 o´clock here but maybe somewhere? ...I was told by Peace Corps to leave Belize a day early and head to Mexico where Bobby is due to arrive mañana! I drink to the fact that I traveled the 15 plus hours and made it here shortly after midnight. So, I´m here in Mexico and so I drink to my son´s possible arrival! I say ´possible´because Belize is expecting a Category I or possibly II hurricane late tonight or early tomorrow. So I drink to Hurricane Richard. Cancun should not be affected too much other than wind and rain?? So, I sure hope I will see my wonderful son tomorrow!! I drink to the fact that I am alone where everyone here in Playa del Carmen seems to be with someone they love!! (I miss Roger!) Maybe you just notice that type of thing more when you walk alone? I drink to all the Americans here in Mexico that stand out because of their brisk pace...Mexicans (and definitely Belizeans) walk more like they are enjoying the scenery, their vacation, perhaps even their lives... I have learned to stop and smell the roses...enjoy the journey...not be attached to the end result. It has been a good lesson.

I would MUCH prefer to be here with YOU enjoying a margarita...

And I also drank because the waiter told me it was Happy Hour and that margaritas were only 20 pesos!! (That´s just a little more than one dollar!!) My total bill for lunch and drink was $6.27!!¡¡¡!! Cheers!

God bless us all...tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment