Monday, November 29, 2010

Almost at our goal!!

Dear Friends and Family,

Sorry to bother you and I know many of you have been sooooo generous with your support of my project in my village of San Miguel to build a playground for the children.

I checked the amount that we need to reach our goal and it's only $305!! Problem is we seem to be stuck there so I am appealing to those of you that may want to donate but haven't yet. The VA hospital in Gainesville where Aubrey is working has decided to support Aubrey's mom in her Peace Corps service for their Christmas project!! What they would like to do is fund a single swingset to be built at the school! We will already have had the gravel and sand donated and will have the 'labor force' in tact so this sounds like a great idea. I'm telling you this so that you know that if we get so fortunate as to reach our goal and possibly surpass it, the additional funds would be funneled into this sister project. San Miguel will have many smiling faces, I believe!!

Conversely, as I mentioned before, if we DON'T reach our goal, all your donated monies are pooled into a separate Peace Corps fund, which I think, stinks. The money that you have donated for my project may be used for other projects. Please, let's not let this happen...

You can click onto this address www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=donate.contribute.projDetail&projdesc=535-151 and you will go directly to my project in San Miguel. Thanks so much! We can do this, I'm sure..

God bless us all...love, tracy

1 comment:

  1. YAY it is fully funded!! There is the announcement up in work- already a great contribution! I am so excited. Love you mom.

    ReplyDelete