Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mickey--mid-sized dog with a HUGE heart!!

Most of the time I sit at this computer and have something mulling in my mind that's ready to put in words...this time however, I was just coming to our computer lab in the village to check emails...not to write a blog but just HAD to tell you what just happened...

I was walking over to the Village Chairman's house and I could see that between the thatched huts, Mickey (my favorite dog in the village) was chained up at his house. Once he saw me, he started crying...howling. That abated for a moment while I was out of view. Then he spotted me on the road between the next two thatches...more howling. I ran into Mauricio on the road and was chatting with him about one of our projects when I turned around to see Mickey. He had his collar on. He had his collar still attached to a heavy duty chain. And the collar attached to the chain was attached to a heavy 12inch by 8inch by 6inch cement block that he was pulling through the grass, onto the gravel road, making his difficult way to me.

WHO says that dogs aren't man's best friend?? I am feeling sooo loved right now!

God bless us all (again, doggies, too!)...tracy

3 comments:

  1. If I saw you walking thru my neighborhood I would do the samething I miss you to. Love ya Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, you made me laugh out loud...thanks...I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What will the village dogs do when you leave? There will be some sad, sad faces on those pups...
    Di in Colorado

    ReplyDelete