Monday, June 14, 2010

Doggie Dilemma

I have wanted to serve in the Peace Corps since I first heard about its inception when I was only seven years old. It has been hard to find the window of time in my life when it would work for myself and my family as most of you know 'my story'... When I left in August, I thought I had most of my 'business' attended to...house rented, car sold, possessions sold or given away, money saved for Aubrey's last year of undergraduate education, not to mention all the fun paperwork involved in packing up one's life and moving to a third world country... It was especially hard to leave my two dogs because as you know, I'm a HUGE dog lover and Duchess and Chunk are like my best friends...but I thought I had all the particulars worked out with them so I took the leap of faith and pursued my dream...

ONE BIG PROBLEM...The initial plan with the dogs did not work out and then the dogs were bounced from Aubrey, to Ashley, and then to Bobby. I appreciate their help but it is impossible for Aubrey to care for them with her 12 hour shifts. Ashley and Bobby already have two of their own and four has been a hardship. Right now, Ashley has been caring for Chunk and Bobby has Duchess. But Duchess has a bladder stone that needs a special 'canned food' diet and frequent trips outside. Poor thing, I guess it's all part of getting older for my sweetheart.

If there is anyone out there that might be able to care for one of my dogs for the remainder of the time while I'm here in the Peace Corps, please contact me through my email or comment on this blog. They are both loving, kind, and affectionate Maltese that sorely miss their mom (I miss them too)

I want to stand strong in pursuing my ultimate dream of service with the Peace Corps but this situation has reached a critical point and I may have to leave. I will pray for resolution...

God bless us all...

6 comments:

  1. Hey Trac-
    I will talk to Chris but I think I can handle another dog. As you know I LOVE dogs also. The only question I have for you is how do they do with cats and big dogs? Another little dog will be nothing. I had 4 dogs here for a few days and they were not small. Let me know or have Ashley or Bobby call me. I also have someone that comes and walks my boys while I am at work so whoever is here would be walked also. Just let me know. Love and miss you Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, that is wonderful news!! You were the ONE person that I knew loved dogs like I do and might be able to help. Thanks so much. I will talk to Ashley and Bobby and see who they think would be the best ´fit´ for the cats and big dogs. Duchess would have to adjust more but I´m sure you would love her. She is a bit more labor intensive with her ´condition´ but I think it´s good that you have males and both of mine are females...should work. I´ll be in touch or email me tracyhodson@gmail.com Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy,
    I was hoping and praying someone would come through to help you out with your doggie dilemma. Tara, it's so nice of you to volunteer. Tracy, you know I can hardly handle one outside very independant kitty-cat. much less your darling doggies. I know you understand.
    Thinking of you always.... Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, you're a saint. If it wasn't for my ten hour work days I'd jump right in too, but I'm happy to help out here and there if needed! Chap's mellow , so I'm sure he wouldn't mind having the little ones around if you guys ever leave town for the weekend and I'm around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's all you work ... 10 hours per day? You are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara IS a saint and I'm so glad Sue and Katrin wrote messages telling her just that. If you see her on the outside, buy her a beer or coke or something for me OK??? Love all you guys. Katrin, I'm sure you are going nuts with the World Cup...actually saw a little of one match that was exciting!!! Thinking of you ALL...me

    ReplyDelete