Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Countdown


Almost time to leave. I'm ready for air conditioning cuz these hot flashes are brutal!

I'm ready for a pedicure to disinfect, well, really, I need a bodicure. Think it would be best to soak in a bath of bleach.

The hair has GOT to go...has a filmy buildup of God knows what...needs a new start.

And I never even had the opportunity to say goodbye to my old arms and legs. One day, I woke up here and I thought they belonged to someone else. It was like wrinkled fabric that just hung with gravity.

I don't have a mirror but if I did, I'd choose not to look. Don't want to scare myself...cuz once I did and almost let out a cry. Who was that old lady in the mirror? Don't know...

I guess we all grow up some day.

I've enjoyed every year of my life. These last two years have been two of the best despite the outward appearance. I am so happy that I have lived out my 'dream' to serve in the Peace Corps.

Next dream might be the log cabin in the mountains or playing in the World Series of Poker.

I have so much to be grateful for and tops on that list is a beautiful family that has been exceptionally supportive while here. They don't see all the dirt, the wrinkles, and gray hair. I'm just their mom or their sister. I'm happy. I'm at peace.

God bless us all...love, tracy

P.S. Happy Birthday to my wonderful brother, Skip on the 23rd!!

7 comments:

  1. We can't wait to have you back on Murray Ct and still trying to convince Christina and Ron (and baby) they need to stay on the street! It could almost be like old times! When will you be back? Anything I can do to help...just say the word!

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that vote!! Convince them how we could all help babysit when they need a night out! I promise, I will!!! They need to stay! Please?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter what -- you're still the same wonderful Tracy we all love on the inside. And we can't wait to have you back. Loved hearing your voice today -- and the crowing rooster. Joann and I wish we had something to crow about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how I never noticed any of those changes as our friendship grew in Belize. You always looked like the same Tracy I met on August 20, 2009! I guess it's what's on the inside that people notice. Throw away the mirror cuz it doesn't reflect the important part....YOU! Can't wait to see you again. Enjoy your last days in Belize. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did it Tracy!! So happy for you and proud of you!! Now you get to go home and recup and recover. Your lovely skin and hair will come back once you gain a few pounds. I really hope we get to meet again one of these days. Love you lots, my friend! Safe travel. Karla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm at the Peace Corps Office right now going through all the necessary paperwork. Think they will book me out of here on Friday! Everyone has been so kind. The COS (close of service) conference was last week and it was absolutely incredible. The volunteer committee did a fabulous job planning fun activities and Jaime did her usual 'standup' job preparing us for the 'next step'. I feel truly blessed with such a challenging yet rewarding PC experience. And the icing on the cake is the man that I met, fell in love with, and will bring home to Florida once he is done with his work. I feel like I won the lottery!! God has blessed me! Love you ALL!! tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safe travels on your return trip to family and old friends. We welcome you home with open arms.

    ReplyDelete