Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lacey

It seems like all my life I have wanted to serve in the Peace Corps. Mostly, it seemed like a good way to give back to the planet after years of being consumed with my own stuff—myself, my family, my work, my friends. ME. Now it would be about others...

The window of opportunity never opened during younger years. After college, I needed to work to support myself. Then I got married and had children. It wasn't until now when the children had graduated from college, established themselves, and become self-reliant that I considered Peace Corps as a viable option.

Ashley is doing extremely well and learning a lot this first year as a tax attorney with an estate planning firm in Vero Beach. Bobby continues to pursue his dream of 'professional poker' having recently won a few dollars coming in first in two large tournaments. Then there is Aubrey...

Aubrey still had another year of nursing school ahead of her when I left. I had saved so that I could cover the bulk of her expenses during this year. She has worked diligently to supplement the 'kitty' to make ends meet. But she has needed more than financial support... (Don't we all?)

Thank God for the many nurses, professors, and mentors at the University of Florida and the VA Hospital that have impacted Aubrey in a huge way. These people have helped teach, shape and support my daughter, especially in my absence. They have provided Aubrey with tremendous moral and emotional support. I am forever grateful.

This blog is dedicated to all the nurses out there...the REAL selfless people... a wonderful blend of heart, body, and soul. Lacey, Aubrey's preceptor, epitomizes the caring individual that lives her life selflessly. Lacey has been a wonderful role model and friend for my daughter. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I am humbled when I think how nurses live their entire lives the way they do....not just a mere clump of months like I'm trying to do...

Today is Aubrey's birthday! No gifts from mom...but Aubrey understands the greatest gifts are those from the heart. You are loved by many, dear. Those relationships are your gifts.

I love you honey...I am so proud of your accomplishments...And a very, very Happy Birthday!

God bless us all...love, tracy

10 comments:

  1. another great blog! happy birthday aubs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thoughts and wishes for a beautiful girl (inside and out)! Aubrey is LOVED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks mom I LOVE YOU- this blog got me very emotional. i miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to your daughter, Aubrey, and all her accomplishments at her young age. You have every reason to be a very proud Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!!! So proud of all of you. Thanks to the shout out to the nurses. I am very proud of Aubrey and all nurses, including me who worked so very hard for my degree and proud of my 3 years of service in the pediatric field. I am eager to get back to nursing and it is because of Aubrey and her phenomenal example! and you, too, Tracy! I can't wait to see you. Please call or stop by when you are in town. Love you all. xoxo Cristina and Rondawg

    ReplyDelete
  6. aawwwhhh, that's just a wonderful testament of who you and Aubrey are. She's lucky to have you for a mother and I wish I knew her, but apples don't fall far from the tree you know. You sound like everything is great. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the nursing profession, Aubrey. It's a job that will wring your last bit of patience and strength but give back ten fold. Knowing my patients and their families has truly been one of the greatest gifts of my life.
    Hi Tracy! Hope you are well and thriving! Your blog is great. Write when you get a chance. Love, Karla :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ewww we don't need this much personal information

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Anonymous!

    You are not "WE". Where do you connect with us? Identify yourself if you are part of "we". Because "WE" are part of a loving group of people. You clearly are not. If this blog is too much for you, then why the heck are you reading? The real "WE" respectfully ask for you to go away. Miserable human beings are not a part of this "WE".... I quote you "WE don't need this much personal information". Get out of here and get on with your life.

    Dearest darling Tracy! You are the sun to everyone who meets you. "WE" love you so much and are so incredibly proud of you. It has been wonderful having you home on your home turf...but I'm sure it has rejuvenated you to go back to Belize and continue to sow your oats and share your sunshine so that others might GROW through you! I LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH! ps- thanks for my orchid. I LOVE IT...but not as much as I love you.

    God Bless us All!

    Cristina Miller (never ever every ANONYMOUS)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love you tina bo bina!!!

    ReplyDelete